Saturday, March 14, 2009

Week Six

On Monday, Eby and I went to DC to look at some memorials. We saw the George Mason, FDR, Jefferson, and Washington. Supposedly the FDR memorial is a million times cooler in the summer when the fountains are going, but it was still neat. On our way back to the car, Eby asked this cute old asian couple if they wanted her to take thier picture. After she did, the husband wanted a picture of us with his wife. It was funny.


Me, Eby, and our new friend.

Tuesday was another day at the office. It's fun being on the hill everyday. I was able to go to an event on the hill though where Jane Goodall spoke which was neat. She told the group about her work with chimpanzees and other conservation efforts.
Wednesday was a take it easy day because I was starting to get a little sick. In the evenin I went to Mutual where we had a career night.


My desk, the computer I enter data into, and the phone that I answer

I had more intern fun on Thurday at McClintock's office. I was entrusted with the task of getting supplies from the supply store all by myself. Hey, it was exciting to me since it broke up the time of entering data and picking up phones. I am still waiting, by the way, for one of you to call in. It is allowed if you have an opinion to express about the government.


Me and one of the middle schoolers, Damyon (at least I think thats how its spelled).

On Friday I managed to get myself out of the door and go to Eliot-Hine (the inner city DC middle school). I helped the students with a project where they used pretzels, coco puffs, beans, and noodles, to show the asteroid belt. I left early to go over to the high school in Alexandria (Thomas Edison HS) where my friends go to school. I was invited to be part of a psychology experiment where I had to read the names of colors in different colors. It was fun.

My cousin Ashley is here for the weekend, making cloth diapers with Kris, so I have got to play with her boys some more. It's been a pretty relaxed week, and I am still loving my time here in Northern Virginia (or as some call it, NOVA).

No comments:

Post a Comment