Sunday, March 22, 2009

Week Seven

First off, here's the big news of the week.

I AM STAYING HERE FOR AN EXTRA MONTH!!!

Yup, it's official. I booked (well, actually my parents booked)my plane ticket for May 2nd, so I will have time for more fun here. Everyone here is just so nice and I am having such a great time that I just don't want to leave yet.



Well, anyway, here's what I've been doing this week. On Monday Eby and I picked picked up Veronica from school for lunch at the park, and then took her back for fourth block. After her school, Eby and I picked her up again and we went to the movies.

Tuesday and Thursday were, as usual, internship days. I was able to go to the house gallery (balcony) and watch the congressman vote on a bill.



On Wednesday, I started telling people that I was staying here longer. The best reaction was when I told Brianna and Alex and they ran up to be screaming and started hugging me. Wednesday afternoon, I went with Eby, Veronica, and McKell into Old Towne Alexandria where we walked by the river and went to these weird statues. We also saw this guy who plays songs like Star Wars and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star completely on glasses of water.


Friday I went to the middle school again. It was there last day before spring break so they watched movies and had a party.In the evening I went over to Eby's and played games with her, Veronica, McKell, and Alex. We had a lot of fun together and were rather crazy.




I spent most of Saturday with Will in Old Towne walking around the streets. We went to lunch at this place called Gatsby's Tavern where George Washington and a bunch of other famous old guys ate before. We met up with Emily and looked at the cool artwork at the Torpedo Factory. Afterwards I picked up Alex and we tried on crazy clothes and the mall. She came over and watched a movie afterwards.

Overall it was a fun week. I was definetly out with friends a lot more rather than staying home. I am really glad that I will be able to be here longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment