
On Tuesday and Wednesday I went helped out at the inner city school again. They are learning about the solar system in the class i am helping in and some of them are having quite a difficult time with it. I was grading tests that were pretty much just match the definition to the word. A lot of the kids were getting the answers wrong the words like sun, planet, and gravity. The funniest part of the day, however, is listening to the other teachers during lunch time. They always have animated stories filled with quite colorful language.
EXTRA EXCITING NEWS
I got into BYU Provo. I got the official new Thursday morning and I am stoked.

Also, Thursday I went to a hearing of the Senate Committe on Environment and Public Works. It was just a basic begining of the year time meeting where they announced subcommitee chairmen and their goals for the upcoming year. It was neat though hearing them talk about their plans to fight global warming or improve the air for the poor american children. The chairperson of the committe is one of the Ca senators, Barbra Boxer, so that was cool seeing her. I almost laughed out loud though when this senator was sucking up to her saying how excited he was to work with her and she was just ignoring him and talking to her aid.
After thea hearing, I went over to the National Archives and saw the original Constitution, Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, Magna Carta, and Emancipation Proclamation on display. It was way cool, but I didn't get any pictures because it is really dim in their and they don't let people use flash photography because it is harmful to the documents.
On Friday, I had an interview with the chief of staff for my Congressman, Tom McClintock. I am trying to get an internship position in his office. They grilled me, asking what I would do if an angry constituent called in. They even asked my position on off shore drilling. I think I did Ok though, but we'll see.

Friday night I went over to Eby's house for a little welcome party for me and another girl who moved into the area recently, McKell. Veronica and my friend Brianna were there too. Yes, I do have friends here, however shocking that may be.It was fun, I brought the beer (root beer) and tattoos (temporary).
Saturday was as you know Valentines day. There was a church dance that I went to and had a blast at.
Well, that's all I got for you now, more to follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment