Sunday, February 8, 2009

The First Week

I have already done so much in just seven days. My plane flight went well and I have settled in nicely at my Uncle Dale and Aunt Kris' house. I have ridden a few times on the Metro and feel pretty confident about getting around Washington D.C. on it.

I have walked around the mall a bit and went inside the botanical gardens and Smithsonian castle. It was fun walking around the capitol and visiting Kris at work (she works on the Joint Committe for Taxation). I think hearing about what's going on around the capitol is a lot more interesting to me since I just took a U.S. Government class.

I went with Dale to work on Thurday and Friday. He is a teacher at an inner city D.C. school where I was able to help out in his class a little. I spent most of my time there helping the sixth grade science teacher. Those kids are off the wall and don't listen, but it's not too bad for me since I am not the one in charge. I got to do a little science experiment for them and they had a lot of fun with it. I think I will be shocked every day though. One of the sixth graders just found out that we live on the outside of the earth instead of the inside.

In this first week we have already driven the three hours twice to see my cousin Ashley. She had a baby girl on Wednesday named Anona Renee Hooks, Noni for short. It was fun seeing her since I hadn't even talked to her for years. I played a bit with her two little boys Ian (3) and Corban (almost 2). They are so cute and we had a lot of fun.



I have been having a great time so far and am looking forward to more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment